Wind energy is an increasingly important source of renewable energy in Europe, and as such, it is creating a growing number of jobs in the region. In this article, we will take a closer look at the state of wind energy in Europe and the job opportunities it is providing.
According to the European Wind Energy Association (EWEA), Europe is a world leader in wind energy, with over 200,000 wind turbines installed across the continent. These wind turbines generate over 300,000 GWh of electricity each year, which is equivalent to around 10% of Europe’s total electricity consumption.
The growth of wind energy in Europe has been driven by a number of factors, including the region’s commitment to reducing its carbon emissions and increasing its use of renewable energy sources. The development of offshore wind energy has also been a major contributor to the growth of the industry, with Europe home to over half of the world’s installed offshore wind capacity.
- Construction and installation of wind turbines: This involves tasks such as site preparation, turbine assembly, and electrical work. Engineers and technicians with experience in these areas are in high demand, as are skilled tradespeople such as electricians and welders.
- Maintenance and repair of wind turbines: Once wind turbines are installed, they require ongoing maintenance and repair to ensure they are operating at maximum efficiency. This creates job opportunities for technicians and engineers with expertise in wind turbine maintenance and repair.
- Non-technical roles: There are also a range of non-technical jobs in the wind energy sector, including:
- Project management: Identifying new project opportunities and securing funding.
- Sales: Promoting the use of wind energy to potential customers.
- Marketing: Developing marketing campaigns and materials to increase awareness and understanding of wind energy.
The wind energy sector in Europe is a thriving and dynamic industry that is creating a wide range of job opportunities. With the continued growth of renewable energy in the region, it is likely that these job opportunities will only continue to increase in the coming years.
Career Pages of Wind Energy companies:
- Vestas 🇩🇰 (https://www.vestas.com/en/careers/job-openings)
- Orsted 🇩🇰 (https://orsted.com/en/careers/vacancies-list)
- Siemens Gamesa 🇪🇸🇩🇪 (https://www.siemensgamesa.com/en-int/career)
- Enercon 🇩🇪 (https://www.enercon.de/en/job-portal/)
- Iberdrola 🇪🇸 (https://www.careers.iberdrola.com/)